Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pregnancy Weeks 12 and 13

Week 12  Everything is going well and all my blood work from last week looks good--not lacking iron or vitamin D or anything else for that matter so I am doing a great job.   So excited to have finally told my parents.  We told them on Saturday with the special Valentine's I made them.  They both had tears in their eyes and were very excited for us.  Come to find out Jen is also expecting but is "hush, hush" since she is due 3 weeks after us and not ready to tell her news.  September 21st.    My mom kept rubbing my belly and was happy about that.  We went over and told my Grandpa Zip and he cried and was so happy for us and told us we would be great parents.  He gave us both really long hugs and then a group hug.  He said we made his day and it was the best Valentines' day gift ever.  He (and my parents) also both told me I have to be careful out running and not fall (duh!).  I am so prepared for cold and icy conditions and never run when I feel it isn't safe so why that would change now I am not sure.  My sister is excited Michael will be getting a cousin and is also bummed that I am "not fat yet."  She had me pull up my shirt so she could see my belly and wasn't thrilled at my lack of bump happening.  Mom told her she didn't show much with me until about 5 months and lived on waffles and I came out the smart one so I was fine and would pop when it was time.  Anyways, my grandpa wanted to know who we had told and we told him just him and my parents.  I could tell he was excited so I asked if he wanted to call the family and tell them since I didn't have Aunt Susan's phone number anyways.  He wasted no time in calling people.  Kendra stopped over to pay my mom for some tickets (lacrosse or comedy club thing coming up) and we told her--she cried and was so happy for us--giant hug.  I went to the nighthawks game with my parents in CT and Jimmy called them on their way over to get me and congratulated them (all within 40 minutes of me leaving Grandpas).  I got an e-mail from Jodi.  
I was over visiting my parents and my dad had to leave for week.  He said goodbye to my mom and I, then patted my belly and said bye grandbaby.  Luke has said goodnight/goodbye to my belly a few times and told critter I love you.
No crazy dreams that I can remember this week.  I do recall some dream about boxes and cardboard but none of the details.  this week has been pretty good since I was off from school for Presidents week, so sleeping in till about 7:30 and the getting up to pee in the middle of the night has gone from about 4-6 times a night down to only 2 or 3 and I am falling back asleep much faster too.  Thank goodness.  Another bonus is that the need to pee all the time has gone down.  Still hydrated but I guess it is better now because critter is starting to migrate away from my bladder just enough to make me more comfy.  I put away some of my work pants, even though I can still button them.  I still have quite a few pairs of pants that aren't as tight that I will use until I can't button them anymore.   Oh, and Luke took me to the store so we could pick out a stroller.  We've narrowed it down to 4 and I did some research at home.  Another trip to the store so I can play with them and I will know what I want.  
Week 13
Not much going on this week.  Up about 3 times a night to go pee.  Running and ellipticaling regularly.  We went and told Luke's parents and they reacted how we figured they would.  We took them out to lunch at Ponderosa (yuck in my opinion but they wanted to eat there).  We went out to my parents on Sunday and my sister took a few "announcement" photos.  I ended up just sending an e-mail to my mom's side of the family for those that I had e-mail for.  Other than the exhaustion that is getting a little better I am excited we are on to our second trimester.  I am now able to stay up until about 8:30 before I want to crash--huge improvement from the 7:30/8:00 from before.  My mom and sister were so excited that I was getting a little belly.  My mom likes to touch my belly when I go over to her house, which prompted my sister to have to touch my belly too.  Jen was a little too excited I was getting some "pudge."  I told my co-workers and they were like, "um, for almost 3 1/3 months pregnant we couldn't even tell."
crazy dreams:  We went out to a "fancy" restaurant and all the waitstaff were Disney cast members but their uniforms were from all the different attractions and such.  Although it was supposed to be "fancy" we were served on paper products.  We didn't like any of the menu choices and I wanted French Toast but the only way we could order it was if the whole table wanted it.  We were also not dressed right for the dinner because all these grown ups came in dressed in princess gowns or as prince's.  Bizzaro  
We were helping with painting some place (either cottage addition or Jen's house) and I went back inside to get something only to find a squirrel dead in the middle of the floor so I called my Papa Bear to take care of it.  He stuck the paint stir stick in the paint and then slapped it on the squirrel so it's fur would stick to the paint.  He then twirled the squirrel in the paint so it was a paint covered squirrel on a stick.


No comments:

Post a Comment