Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pregnancy Weeks 10 and 11


Week 10 and Critter is the size of a prune.  Not the cutest thing that you want to picture in your mind so add some goggly eyes and a few pipe cleaner whiskers and that's better.  Yesterday we had a snow day from school and our snow blower decided it needed a new spark plug so I ended up shoveling somewhere between 3-4 hours total throughout the day to keep the driveway clear.  My dad came over and changed the spark plug for us today but my shoulders and chest/back are killing me today from all that work.  I miss sleeping mostly through the night.  I say mostly because even before I had a critter in me I was up about once a night to pee.  Now I am up like 3 times and it takes me forever to fall back asleep--for no good reason.  
 The weekly photo is nothing but a bunch of food in my belly this week.  Full moon today and I could tell by the behaviors at school today.  Oy, hopefully the rest of this week goes well.  I did get a mug in the mail from a fellow Disney lover.  It is from my first marathon back in 2002.  Totally helped to make my day.  That and my dad making our driveway wider after he fixed the snowblower so we have a little more room for more snow and my mom more than graciously offering up a sparkle skirt to a very dear high school friend of mine to borrow for a race she has coming up.  Good news is that even after all the outside time I had yesterday and the shoveling/exercise I wasn't beyond exhausted.  I am tired today (thanks peeing 3 times and cat waking me up for food at 4:30 am) but not as awful as in weeks past.  So far I am quite lucky that it's been pretty easy going and I hope it stays that way.  No real cravings other than I love bread and butter or toast with homemade strawberry jam.  If I am feeling hungry I snack on that while I finish making dinner.

Week 10 dream:
Riding an elephant through a historic village from the early 1900's.   Why a group of us were riding elephants around is beyond me but I remember thinking the roofs of the houses were tiled really pretty.  

Monday, February 9 (10 weeks, 6 days)
I had my doctors appointment for an ultrasound and consultation where they basically go over a whole bunch of stuff with you and give you a folder of papers to take home and read.  Manfriend came with me and although my appointment was at 1 and I had to drink 16 oz of water in 30 minutes and then not pee for the next hour leading up to my appointment.  I was a good girl and did that but then they didn't call me until almost 1:30 so I felt like my eyes were going to explode pee everywhere I had to go so bad.  Well, there was another Amanda in the waiting room and since I jumped up right away the nurse didn't think anything of it.  She asked if I could produce a urine sample and I was like, um, yeah.  Well I get out of the bathroom and they weigh me and she starts saying I'm losing weight.  I am quite sure if I had it wasn't significant enough for her to be concerned.  At this time she asked to confirm my date of birth.  Yup, mix up of the Amanda's.  Well, even though I had just peed they did my ultra sound and the tech said my bladder was full--apparently I really had drank enough prior to their "suggested" drinking that their suggestion basically just sat and waited for the bladder to empty and then filled it right back up.  
Anyways, after the mix up Manfriend and I got to see the Critter on the monitor all jumping around in there like crazy, having quite the party.  I joked that critter wanted to go for a run.  After a few minutes critter put their hand one their face to "rest"  or wave us away.  We also got to hear the heartbeat--169.  
Our consultation was right after where I was pretty much told I probably should really cut back on my running, these people aren't dealing with someone who just decided to "take up running."  I've been doing this for years and unless there is a medical reason or it is uncomfortable for me there is no reason to stop--just slow down.  I had some blood work done and it felt like a little kid pinching me with their finger nails.  The tech said it might help if I am really hydrated next time, I told her how much I had already drank that day alone and she said, whelp, I guess you just have tiny veins so not much can help that.  Thanks, I always knew there was a reason I avoided giving blood and such.
Manfriend and I are excited to have it actually feel real now that we have had an ultrasound and the sonogram photos that let us know there really is a critter in there.  
Week 11
Thing are going well.  Still in bed and ready to fall asleep by about 8 each night and waking up to pee about 2-4 times a night with it taking a while for me to fall back asleep.  Furbaby has attached herself to me each night and sleeps next to me all night.  If I move away from her she shimmies over or gets up and moves over.  Manfriend had a job interview this week and left super early in the morning.  He kissed me goodbye and said love you and then kissed his hand and put it on my tummy and said love you too.  So sweet.  He is really excited and I know it because he is bursting at the seams to tell people now that we've had an ultrasound and the sonogram photo to prove it.  We are telling my parents and sister on Valentine's day.  I spent last Saturday making them each a special valentine.  Pretty sure my Papa Bear is going to be excited and my sister too.  Not sure how my mom will react.  She loves watching me run and doing some of my crazy running adventures with me so I think part of her might be really sad that that is going to "slow down" quite a bit for a few years anyways.  I think she will be shocked but happy.   
Crazy Dreams for week 11:  my best friend Dani was a NYPD officer and I was helping her with some undercover operation that involved getting kids to tell me information.  But I had to walk around with a robot lampshade on my head. When they'd start telling me stuff she'd go get the bad guys and bust out her hidden badge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment