Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pregnancy through end of week 7


So we decided that New Years Day would be a good time for me to take a pregnancy test.  I just figured my body was being Goofy since it can do that with all my training that I do.  Um, that line appeared before I was done peeing.  I told manfriend to come and look.  He said, "but you're still peeing."  He saw it and was still confused.  I was like, "yup, baby on the way."  He really thought he'd have to wait for 2-10 minutes for the stinkin' line.  I was in denial over the test and ate breakfast and went for a run.   I figured we wouldn't be pregnant and I'd sign up for a bunch of races I'd been hearing about for 2015.  I tried calling the doctor the next day to schedule an appointment but they must have had the day off.  


Basically 6 Weeks and a few days:
Wed. Jan. 7
This just got super real.  I called the doctors on Monday and they did a pee test on me this afternoon.  They asked if we were trying/wanting kids and I said kind of but with my running we figured it might not happen.  We wouldn't be crushed if it didn't happen.  I got a big congratulations from the nurse when I told her that part and the word husband (I don't wear my rings) and then she did some calculations and estimated my delivery date for August 31.  She figured I was 6 weeks and 2 days at this point.  She must have noticed the fear/panic in my face because she asked if I had ever been pregnant before (um, no) and if I wanted any information.  Info would be good but not too much cause I can't deal with this right now.  I am getting on a plane to run a marathon and a half this weekend (didn't tell her that but shhh).  Checking out the lady looked at my paper work and said a big congratulations to me as well. 

  I think it would also help my nerves immensely if Manfriend wasn't away on a business trip that he left for on Sunday.  He will be back at like midnight and then has to work in the morning before he leaves in the evening to meet up with me at Disney.  We just found out a week ago and then he left for a work trip.  I really just need him around to talk to.  We haven't had time to let this "sink in" and won't have time since my mom will be at Disney with us as my running support crew.   So hard to keep this a secret from them at this point (especially my mom who I tell everything to).  

So far the only symptom of this pregnancy is some mild exhaustion but no one thinks anything of me going to bed at 9 or 9:30 anyways since that is the norm for me (when I am cranking out 40 mile weeks---and I am down to a 20 mile taper week so I should be full of energy). 


Thursday, January 8
We leave for Disney today and it is a whooping -15 with the windchill and about 4 without the windchill.  Brrr.  Manfriend came home super late last night (which I knew it would be late when his plane touches down at about 11:45pm.  I'm doing some laundry and loading my ipod for the trip.  So excited and nervous as well.  I slept something awful last night--I was doing well until he crawled in bed and stunk up the joint.  He smelled like garlic and onions from something he had ate and I had to move from my comfy position to a new one.  Wow, sense of smell up.  

DREAMS: (apparently the crazy has started!)  Also had some crazy dream about a bunch of Star Wars characters needing help and taking over my house because of flight delays.  Let's chalk that up to the fact I am a member of a costuming group and Star Wars 1/2 marathon is the weekend after WDW.  They have all been posting their costumes on the web.  Crazy part is that I thought nothing of the fact that I knew all the characters by name--C3PO, Darth, Slave and regular Leia, and then Sheldon Cooper was in there in amazement and yelling at the characters for not doing what they were *supposed* to do and running around the neighborhood instead (you know, test that costume out).  Bizzarre.  While the laundry was running I decided to also check out what I should (key word there) expect.  Well, at least this baby is a sweet pea in size this week.  I guess that's cute--keep picturing the Toy Story peas in a pod.  Oh, and expect it now that I am sure all of this will somehow always tie into Disney.  I am just that crazy.  

January 12 (Monday)
So  I ran the WDW half and then the full (sat/sun).  Crazy!  I felt pretty good and definitely could have pushed the pace a little if I wanted but I continually reminded myself to take it easy and I made a very conscious effort to drink a boatload of water (so much that I had to pee 2x during the half and stopped for 3 breaks during the full (would be 4 but I waited till the finish)).  Hardest part was not telling my mom after the finish so that I could explain my lack of awesome time as well as my continually declining advil and soda.  That might have easily explained my exhaustion to her as well since I really am a "go, go, go" when it comes to Disney.  After the full I took a nap and my whole body just ached.  I mean really ached.  My whole belly/back was sore from having 3 layers from my costume all over lapping there.  I experienced the craziest calf cramps ever and even had some pickle juice for breakfast.  I finished the jar of pickle juice after the race.  Yup, drank a whole jar of pickle juice.  I had a weird sensation in my left foot about mile 21/22.  I felt this splitting feeling between my big toe and then down a little on the ball of my foot.  It felt like my skin just popped open like a hotdog.  I could have stopped at the medical tent but figured if it was gross or bad I might not get my shoe back on and finish so I just went with it.  I was afraid of taking my shoe off but it was just a blister that I didn't feel between my toes that had popped.  I did end up with blisters on both feet (small, tips of the toes or next to the big toe) but nothing major fortunately.  I felt kind of "hot"  most of the race and in reality it was ideal running conditions so I shouldn't have been that hot, except for the cotton "vest"of my costume.  

Manfriend has been really great about the whole running thing and making sure that I get snacks/food in me regularly to keeps some of the nausea at bay.  Most of it is from not having food I am used to and a routine with sleep while traveling.  t's not bad at all but just makes me feel off.  He also gave my mom and I our space to have our "mommy and me" trip time.  My mom is such a trooper and I can only hope that I come close to how amazing she is with our own kiddo.  She found a way to see me at 3 places on the course and then the finish (good thing I was slow or that couldn't happen).  Now Hubby and I are headed out for a 4 day Disney cruise and I hope that I don't get sick on the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment