Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Display your Bling

My medals have been sitting in a crate type bin in a drawer for as long as I can remember.  The only medal that was ever really on display was from my first marathon and my first Goofy race.  Those are still framed and ready to be hung (closet and drawer storage now).  I had been trying to figure out a way to display them without taking over the whole room by having them framed like those firsts.  Pinterest to the rescue!  I found a few ideas that I liked, but based on the number of medals I currently have (30 Disney and counting) that most were not going to work for me.
 I decided to get a curtain rod and mount it on the wall.  I busted out the stud finder and marked the wall with painter's tape.  Then I held up the curtain rod to determine the best location on the wall for height with the medals and other office furniture.
I drilled the holes for the screws only to be frustrated by the screws themselves getting stripped heads.  I guess that is what happens when you buy a cheap curtain rod, you get cheap hardware.  I found screws that we had in our basement from other projects and smooth sailing from there.
Luke came home from work at this point and helped me to put the medals up since I wanted them to go in the order that I earned them.  I also had to go back and make sure the ribbons were all "read" the same way, like spines on a book.  I love how it came out and you can see it as you come up the stairs. On a side note, my mom helped to earn every one of those by being there chEARing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment