Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rochester 1/2 Training


I have signed up for the Rochester Flower City 1/2 Marathon on April 28th so that I can run a "decent" time to get put in a better corral for the Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare in August/September (Labor Day Weekend).  After the times I ran this year for Goofy and the narrow course in Cali I need to be moved to coral A or B so I can "stretch my legs" and have a good race there.
old ad...motivation???
I put together a lose training plan based on Hal Higdon's Marathon book (for the 1/2).  It's nice since it has 2 rest/off days a week that I sort of take the liberty of floating to where I need them depending on life.  So far I'm not doing a very good job following this, but at least it gets me on the elliptical for the intervals if the weather is icky and I am hitting miles for the week.  I am hoping that since we are getting a bit warmer that 15 with a windchill my motivation to dress to go out will win more than the elliptical and some netflix.  
Here it is, stuck to the fridge where I see it everyday and can "quick check" what I should be doing and know what is coming up.  In a few weeks I will write out my Dumbo Double Dare training plan... I have been reading a new book about marathon training and I want to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment