Friday, February 22, 2013

Favorite Things...

Time for another installment of my favorite things for running.  Since we are definitely experiencing some chilly temps here in NY I've busted out some old time favorites as well as some new favorites.  Tried and true standbys are Vasoline (for lips it's better than chapstick for those long runs) and some baby oil (rub it into the ends of your hair so that the dry air outside takes that moisture... also leaves hair silky smooth after a wash).
 Tennis balls.  They are tried and true.  They are great to roll your foot over to alleviate some tight arches and massage your foot.  You can also "sit" on them by supporting most of your weight with your hands and roll it around your tight hamstrings or butt.
My somewhat new favorites include Johnson's baby oil gel.  It is like baby oil but in a gel form.  This has been amazing instead of lotion after the shower at alleviating dry ankles and skin.  We are talking the moisture from this oil gel lasts all day and beyond.  The green egg shaped thing is EOS lip balm in honeydew flavor.  It's great for use during the day and it doesn't get lost in a bag as easily as traditional chapstick due to the shape of it.  It comes in a variety of flavors but let's be honest, I picked that one because it was green.  Last, a leave in defrizz serum from Ulta.  I rub this in my hair daily after my shower and it helps with tangles and keeping my hair protected from the elements.  I didn't have any in Florida for the marathon and my hair was very frazzled looking at the end of the week, despite my extra use of conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment