Thursday, February 7, 2013

Magic Kingdom before 9:30 am

So, this isn't really about running, but you have to have fun at Disney for a running event.  Especially when you and your perfectly Goofy momma are on vacation.  We arrived for the park opening, which was at 8am.  I love the little song and dance they do to welcome you to the Magic Kingdom.  Of course I could not wait to see the new double Dumbo!  I figured it would be super crowded over there, but we were in luck since it was not.  
 We stopped along Main Street, USA for our picture in front of the castle.  Mommy and me trips are so much fun.  Although we are constantly on the go we take some time out to enjoy the yummy goodness of food and the entertainment.
I stopped to peak through the fence at the Dwarf roller coaster that is also part of the expansion. It was looking good.  They also had signs up on the fence about how to get to the Story Book Circus (home of the one and only Dumbo!)
 Here is the warning.  I am obsessed with Dumbo.  He is my all time favorite and I could spend all day at Dumbo (but I don't).  We headed over to the new Fantasyland Story Book Circus area.  I was in love.  I'm pretty sure my mom was smiling as big as I was or she just gave a cast member some look that was to the effect of, "she's special."  The cast member said we appeared to be extra chipper that morning at which point I confessed my extreme love of Dumbo to him and how it was my first time seeing the new double Dumbo.
Look at that awesomeness!  Not another person in sight, except the cast member who was probably radioing security to check out the 30 year old visiting the circus.  All the details were amazing.  We walked around and took photos since there was no line at all for either Dumbo.
We even got fast passes for Dumbo because there has never been a fast pass for Dumbo before.  And when our fast passes came out we also were surprised with a surprise extra magical bonus fast pass for Mickey's Philharmagic.  Just one small piece of awesomeness that made this day the BEST EVER!
First flight on the new Dumbo double for me!  I loved it.  I am a little disappointed to not be soaring over Fantasyland and seeing the castle and carousel, but am quickly over that because of no line!
The second time around!  At this point the cast members in Story Book Circus are smiling at me and probably thinking, "grown up way too excited for this."  After 4 or 6 more flights they are probably really confused as to who in their right mind loves Dumbo this much to keep going through the line without kids.
We went to check out the Big Top Tent that sold goodies.  It smelled delicious!  Cotton candy scent wafted through the air.  They had delightful looking candies and snacks, plus lots of Dumbo items.  I did not purchase anything (surprise of the century).  Lots of shirts/backpacks and little dishes for kids.  
Casey Jr. (the train that brings the circus to town in Dumbo) has been turned into a splash park.  Would be a ton of fun to cool off on a hot day as long as you have a change of clothes.  The details in the whole area make you feel like you stepped back in time to the days where the circus really traveled by train.  There were animal prints and peanuts in the concrete.
After checking out the Big Top Tent we went on the Great Goofini Coaster (mom's idea).  She survived it and I told her that Dumbo was much milder and ...
 Mom went on Dumbo for the first time!  I am so proud of her and when it was over...we had to take flight on the other Dumbo!  It wasn't so bad after all.  So far the awesomeness of the day has been bonus fast passes, mom riding Dumbo (don't worry, there is more as the day happens).
This is a photo of the Double Dumbo from the Great Goofini.  After mom took flight with the one and only Dumbo I decided it wasn't getting better at the Circus and we headed over to the "old" part of Fantasyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment