Monday, February 18, 2013

Magic Kingdom 6:45pm-9:00pm (closing time)

Our day at Magic Kingdom is coming to a close.  This will also be known as one of the BEST DAYS EVER!  We enjoy sharing our hotdog and fries.  I have a gigantic chocolate milk with mine and a few sips of her soda (that momma of mine makes sure I get my milk on vacation to keep my bones strong).  Then comes the best parade ever in my book.  I saw it the very first time I went to Disney with my college track team on spring break in 2001.  I had never been to Disney before and feel in love, running my first marathon there the following year in 2002 at the age of 19.
waiting for the MSE sharing a hot dog and bonus viewing of this!
Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls I proudly present, the Main Street Electrical Parade in thousands of sparkling lights...
They had Spectromagic in 2002 when my family came with me for my first marathon and I was disappointed although they found it to be amazing.  I missed the MSElectrical a few times visiting by a day or two and was fortunate to catch it in California while there for my dream job.
Today's awesomeness gets better though, the MSE is having 2 showings tonight!  That's right.  A parade at 7 and another encore at 9.  They've changed a few floats and some of the music to go with the changes, but the sound and feel of the parade is the same (bye Dumbo and hello Pete's Dragon)
castle show
After the first parade we head down towards the park entrance to watch the fireworks and maybe snag a train station chair for the second parade.  On the way towards the entrance they have a light show to music on the castle... that they will also be having an encore of after the fireworks and before the second parade.  I want a better view so we abandon our plan of the train station for the time being and head up Main Street only to be stopped outside the Bakery where they are handing out FREE Rice Krispy treats!
FREE Rice Krsipy, yes please!
We have a good view of the Castle for the fireworks and then will move further up the street for the encore presentation of the Castle show.

After the Castle show we head back to the train station/entrance area for the second MSE Parade.
Then while waiting for the bus we catch part of the Electric Water Pageant on the Seven Seas Lagoon that takes place nightly.   Let me recap in a list all the AWESOMENESS that was had at Magic Kingdom:
*Double Dumbo's in Story Book Circus
*Mom rides Dumbo for the first and second time
*Surprise Fast Pass for Mickey's Philharmagic
*Dumbo gets stuck with mom and I on it together
*We get back to back Dumbo flights
*2 Main Street Electrical Parades
*2 Castle shows
*FREE Rice Krispy treat
*Electric Water Pageant spotting

No comments:

Post a Comment